When migrating over hosting providers, it may be necessary to add e-mail addresses en masse. Addresses can be added within the control panel.
- Visit Mail > Manage Mailboxes
- Select Add Multiple Addressses
- Bulk address form will slide down
- Enter each address to create on its own line, format follows:
<email1> <forward1>, <forward2>, <forwardN>…
<email2> <forward1>, <forward2>, <forwardN>…
<emailN> <forward1>, <forward2>, <forwardN>…
- Click Bulk Add Addresses
The first value is the e-mail address to create. If no domain is specified, then the domain used to log into the control panel is assumed, e.g.
myadmin email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
If logged in using domain
example.com, then the address created is
A wildcard may be specified as an address to create using an asterisk (“
*“). If specified, an e-mail address on every authorized hostname is created to forward to the specified destination.
An example wildcard input is, help@* myuser
If 2 domains exist,
hostineer.com (as an addon domain), then this expands to:
Any destination forward not qualified as a domain, e.g. @example.com is treated as a local user delivery. It follows the same rules as if the e-mail were created as a forward with Local Users selected in Mail > Manage Mailboxes. Namely, the login domain is appended to the destination domain.
sales matt, stan
email@example.com help, firstname.lastname@example.org
Assuming the login domain is
example.com and the primary domain is
example.com then the following e-mail addresses are created with the following destinations:
- email@example.com forwards to firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com forwards to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org forwards to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org